Don’t we all envy and aspire people at the top. They aren’t any different than us. They also have the same number of hours in a day and like us, still some of them are able to notch ahead than most others.
They are able to earn more, get more out their hours and live a healthy happy life. So the question here is: what is their secret? How can they exercise such a healthy regime without tiring themselves out? Well the answer is hidden in their habits.
Believe it or not, it is our habits that shape our past, present and future. So if you want to be the best at what you are doing you must follow or adopt the best practices or habits of doing it.
In this blog, we are covering 7 Habits of Highly successful managers. So, let’s dwell deep into it and see how we can use them to achieve the success we desire.
- They trust their Intuition: There are managers who like to get into details of everything. They study analytics, focus hard on data and work harder in forming right strategies. However, there are some who simply go by their instincts. These people are driven by their intuitions. Now, I am not saying that people in the first set are doing anything wrong, but intuitive people are driven more by their habits. They have formed such habits by regularly practising excellence which then drives their decision making. These people trust their instincts better and are able to take fast decisions. Always remember that companies adore people who are able to see opportunities in adversities.
- Time Management: As mentioned above that all of us have same number of hours in a day. Still some of us are chasing time while others are enjoying it. Successful managers have this habit of dividing their time efficiently. They have a better focus than an average employee and can come with solutions in double quick time. Trust me nothing pleases the client more than to see their work completed before the stipulated time.
- Positive Self Talkers: This is an exceptional habit of these exceptional managers. They know how to communicate not only with others but also with themselves. They will always talk positively to themselves and it will reflect well in their body language. To put it in other words these people are not ‘risk takers’ but ‘positive self-talkers’.
- They value their Health: Well, no amount of words can exaggerate the significance of good health for a good success. Look at all the effective leaders around you, you will seldom find anyone lagging in their health. Top shots understand the significance of their health. They are disciplined in their thoughts and diet and they do this by forming right habits. Good health transpires a positive body language which in itself is the most effective way of communication.
- Good Listeners: All the top line managers have one thing in common; they are all good team players and what make them good at this are their listening habits. They all are good listeners; they encourage feed forwards which empowers their team mates to contribute more. All the good managers encourage their team mates to talk open their heart. The saying ‘People leave their bosses not companies’, is not applicable on them.
- Good at Inspiring Others: Good managers ‘Walk the talk’. Their dedication inspires others around them. They are first to enter the work premises and last to leave. They are able to sap everyone around them with their sheer energy and passion. They know how to safeguard their attitude from external interference. This is why you will never find them complaining about their lives or working environment. They display exceptional working habits at work, which is more effective than words.
- Clarity of vision: All the good line managers have this habit of planning and scheduling their day in advance. They take great pride in setting up and meeting their daily targets. Effective people set daily targets, and strengthen their habits by meeting those targets on daily basis, which in turn helps them set and achieve bigger goals.