Well, if you are a regular reader of my blogs you would know how much I am promoting Social Media online. I believe it is a power house that is already shaping the way we market and shop our products.
The reach of Social media is tremendous and if a brand can crack it right, it can literally make you fortunes.
However still large number of business doubts its presence and feels it is just a passing fad. Or most common, our audiences are not there on Social Media.
So I had collected few stats of year 2018, to show how strong this giant is and why you want your brand to be present on this platform.
1. As per the study in April 2018, the population of world is 7.6 Billion out of which 4.2 billion users are on the Internet. Now where things get interesting is that of those users, 3.03 have an active Social Media account.
Still you think your brand doesn’t need Social media
2. For those businesses who think that only B2C model works on Social Media, this stat will surprise you:
89% of B2B marketers use Content marketing strategies
3. For people who are particularly interested in knowing statistics of Educational institutes, here is the case:
48% of Americans have interacted with companies or institutions on at least one Social Media Network.
4. Social Media is not about just putting anything on these platforms, it’s game that requires proper dedication and strategy and this statistic proves that point
51% of people unfollow a brand if they push irritating contents and are not tempted to buy again from such brands again.
5. Year 2018, we have to admit has been a rough year for Facebook. It has been in news for all the wrong reasons but guess what. It is still holding its crown firm on the top.
Engagement on Facebook video is 109% more than the You Tube.
6. After praising Facebook, here is some interesting Stat on Twitter:
It has 80% active users on Mobile of them 50% are engineers.
Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are not the only one that appealing to the audience all around the world. Networks like LinkedIN, Instagram and even Snap Chat are now warming up.
Read These Stats For Example:
7. At current minute it has over 39 million students and recent college graduates.
8. On average, LinkedIn adds 2 new members per second.
9. 94% of B2B organizations trust LinkedIN to disturbed and share their contents
10. Now, for those who are wondering how to get ball rolling on this platform, here is a fact that 98% of LinkedIN posts with images earn more comments than text only posts.
11. Coming from LinkedIn to Instagram, people are hooked on to this platform: More 35% Instagram users check their account multiple times a day. And 51% of the users check it at least one on daily basis.
12. Females are more active on Insta then men but that doesn’t mean that the population of men on Insta is less. It is alive and kicking in men circle as well
Now that we had settled down on the fact that the world is on Social media, let me put forward some stats that will help you understand what these mediums can do for your Brand.
13. A recent survey showed that more than 66% of Shoppers confirmed that the video on Social Media had helped them decide on the product to buy.
14. 86% of women had confirmed that they rely on Social Media to make their purchase.
15. 59% of people say that never recommend or buy from a shop whose website is poorly designed or doesn’t open well on Mobiles. So, still you think you are happy with that old version of your website or you need a mobile suited redesign.
16. Around 42% of mobile users search for local businesses on Social Media platforms. Still so many businesses fail to understand the need of these channels.
Still they just post once or a twice a week and complaint that these mediums are not for businesses. It’s high time to rethink you Social Media Stratergy.
These are all recent statistics all generated in year 2018 and honestly they are not even complete. If you search on Google with the keyword ‘Social Media Stats’ you will find tons of websites with such information.
However the point is are we only going to read about these facts or are also going to act on them, no matter what the scale of business is, you need Marketing.
You need to be there on the Social Media, you need to share, engage with your audiences. You need to learn how these platforms work and have to perform to the top of your capacity.
There are businesses that are still not using this medium to great effect and therein lay your opportunity. If you are smart and consistent with your social media game trust me sky is the limit.